Thursday, January 17, 2008

Raising the Dead

Three years ago, I began this blog at the request of my high school AP American Experience teacher, posting essays and commentary on various themes and works we encountered in class. Though it was originally required, I soon found myself comforted by the creative and psychological outlet that it afforded me. I began writing on topics as diverse as forks, fish and pizza, with the occasional erudite composition thrown in for good measure.

However, upon my graduation from high school my blog fell into disrepair. It wallowed in cyberspace, unread and untended, a lint-crusted peppermint in the dusty recesses of the cyber-cushion.

But now, once again, I have decided to revive my blog to its former glory. Now a sophomore/junior in college, with my 20th birthday looming before me, I have decided that it is time to open the floodgates of my personal outlet. Why, do you ask? A fight with my parents, a boyfriend with commitment issues, a spoiled sister, and an inordinate quantity of Persian food.

Will anyone read it? Probably not. Hapless internet-goers googling nonsequitor phrases may stumble amongst it from time to time, but that doesn't bother me. This blog was, and still exists, for my benifit only. Here I place my thoughts, fears, and doubts. Here I rant, rave, and relish the twisted cart path that is my life.

Let the blogging begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home